We love to see the creative minds of Savannah come together and are so excited about the Grand Opening of Cohen's Retreat! With art, food, and a coffee/juice bar mixed among commercial and residential cottages, it's the perfect spot to let creativity shine.
Four of the cottages on the property are styled by none other than the talented Lynn Rahn from Clutter Furnishings and Interiors. We can assure you those studios don't just look good, they're comfortable too! The mattresses are from your favorite mattress store in Savannah, The Rest Stop!
Be sure to stop by Friday, Feb. 28th from 7-10pm to celebrate community, food, and art! See you there!
Read more »
Lower back pain, middle back pain, upper back pain or low back pain with sciatica. Nerve and muscular problems, degenerative disc disease, and arthritis -- all can leave you tossing and turning throughout the night. Sometimes, back pain symptoms may be relived with medication or pain killers, but often your mattress is to blame. If your mattress is visibly sagging or you wake up more nights complaining of aches and pains than not, updating your mattress could be an easy fix.
Check out this awesome commercial Evan Painter did in honor of us! We love it! Thanks Evan!
Read more »
So you couldn’t be happier with your new mattress from The Rest Stop. You’ve left a raving review about the awesome sleep you’re getting and how much you saved over on Yelp. But what are you supposed to do with your old mattress? It’s not exactly an item you can leave on the curb for the garbage man.
Donation centers are out of the question as local charities are unable to take mattresses due to health concerns. But you’re not completely out of luck. This article from Savannah 3 explains that your best bet may to be to reach out online through websites such as craigslist.org or through this local group on freecycle.org.
Read more »
Here, watch this video to see what we mean:
Brilliant? Maybe. But would you really wear it? What do you think?Read more »
Do you or someone you know suffer from Sleep Apnea? What about depression? This article from Bed Times suggests that there may be a correlation between the two and that the lighting while you sleep may be to blame. It seems the solution may be as simple as sleeping in a very dark room.
The article explains: “Scientists at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center have found exposure to dim light at night can interact with sleep apnea and lead to increased levels of depression and anxiety in mice.”
Luckily, sleep lighting is an easy fix. Updating your drapes, turning off the television at bedtime and avoiding brightly-lit alarm clocks will reduce exposure to light and improve depression and sleep apnea symptoms.
Read more »
To celebrate our new online mattress shop, The Rest Stop is giving away a FREE MATTRESS! And it's easy to win, simply LIKE our image on Facebook to enter! For more chances to win, SHARE with friends - Each Like and each Share counts as one entry!
On September 25th, we will draw the winner at random and will contact them through Facebook. The winner will receive the mattress of their choice (up to $899) from www.TheRestStopUSA.com!
Look for this image on our Facebook Feed!
Read more »
1. Facebook image must get at least 250 likes.
2. Each Like and Each Share counts as one entry. You may Share the photo as many time as you choose.
3. Contest closes Sept. 25th at Midnight EST.
4. The winner may choose any size mattress from www.TheRestStopUSA.com, valued at no more than $899.
5. Shipping NOT included.
See you on Facebook!
Mattress technology grows by leaps and bounds every year. You've heard of Memory Foam mattresses, but have your heard of Gel Foam mattresses? With minimal motion disturbance and enhanced pressure point relief, Gel Foam mattresses are the next level of foam technology.
Like Memory Foam, Gel Foam responds to heat and weight, conforming to the body and relieving pressure on sensitive joints like the shoulders and hips. When heat and weight are removed, the mattress instantly returns to its original shape.
The biggest difference between Gel and Memory Foam is how they handle body heat. Some Memory Foam mattresses have a reputation of "sleeping hot", Gel Foam mattresses dissipate body heat allowing for a cooler night's sleep.
Visit our Savannah showroom to feel the difference of a Gel Foam mattress first-hand. Gel Foam mattresses are included in our Luxury tier level and are up to 75% off retail prices every day.
Tier 5: Luxury
Twin - $499 | Full - $699 | Queen - $799 | King - $899
With a new school year approaching, the lazy days of summer are slowly winding down and early mornings are approaching. Getting back on an early sleep schedule for a new school year can be an easy adjustment for you and your child with these simple tips from the National Sleep Foundation:
- Two weeks before classes start, set an appropriate sleep schedule. Work to go to bed incrementally earlier each night, and wake up incrementally earlier each morning until you have reached your desired schedule.
- Once your sleep schedule is set, stick to it! Enjoy your weekends; don't use them to catch up on sleep.
- Create a nightly bedtime routine to help your body relax and establish it is time for sleep.
- No televisions, smartphones, iPads or other technical gadgets before bed - they'll only delay getting to sleep.
- Avoid big meals and caffeine close to bedtime, they may prevent you from falling asleep.
- Create a bedroom that is relaxing and peaceful. A mattress from The Rest Stop is a must for a good night's sleep, but your sleep environment is equally important. Make sure your bedroom is dark and a comfortable temperature for optimal sleep.
- Be a role model for the children in your home. Establish your own regular sleep cycle and maintain a home that promotes healthy sleep.
Visit our new location at the corner of E. Victory Dr. and Skidaway behind the new Chick-Fil-A! Doors open March 18th at 10am sharp! See you then!